Adoption Hours are:
Sunday and Mondays by appointment
In order to help ensure that the adoption matches made are permanent ones, there are several requirements for our adoption process.
- Adopters must be 18 or over
- Everyone living in the same residence must be agreeable to the adoption
- For people who rent, a copy of the lease indicating that you are allowed to have pets must be presented before the adoption.
- No animal will be adopted out as a gift, unless the gift receiver is present for the adoption.
- A home visit may be requested.
- A call to your current &/or past veterinarian may be made.
- If, after exhausting all options, the adoption is not a good fit, the animal may be returned to The Lewis County Humane Society, with the understanding there may be a short waiting period until the animal can be fit back into the program.
We strive to keep our Pet List as up to date as possible. If you have questions about any of the animals that you see here, call us! 315-376-8349
Adoption fees are as follows:
Cats and Kittens $50.00
Dogs $100 + $10.99 Microchip Registration Fee